5.12.2018

So Long, Freshman Year!

Hello, friend!

I just wrapped up my year of college and am getting ready to live in China in 19 days (if you wanna donate to my GoFundMe, here's the link). Also, thank you SO MUCH to everyone who has donated already, I am eternally grateful. There are still a couple of odds and ends that I still need to get ready to go to China, but I feel mostly ready and very excited to travel again this summer. This blog will continue while I am in China, and I also plan on making some videos of some of my experiences.

Today was graduation at UW-Madison, and I can't believe that that will be me in three years. I feel like the rest of my college experience will go by SO quickly. Freshman year was a great year, and I learned a lot about myself and about college. For instance- I can't really handle three power lectures in a row. My lectures weren't extremely long power lectures, they were 1hr and 15 minutes long. However, putting three of them back-to-back on Tuesdays and Thursdays was a CRAZY idea. I didn't know how badly I would struggle to stay awake in those classes! 0/10, wouldn't recommend. I would find myself dozing off, even when I got a solid 8-9 hours of sleep!  Coffee saved me. But then again, I also learned that coffee makes me sort of jittery and then I can't focus. What a conundrum!

This year I also learned that you will meet a lot of people, and you don't really have to keep in touch with all of them(that will get exhausting). I just chose a few friends who I thought had great potential to become close friends with, and spent some quality time with them! ☺ I found some great gal pals in my classes and we still made time to hang out even though in the second semester we didn't have any of the same classes. Friendships go both ways, too, so if someone's not reciprocating as much, then it's totally fine to let the friendship drift away. I feel like in college, friendships are very come-and-go. There will be some friends who might stick with you even after you don't have classes with them, and others who were only there for that class only. However, as I continue along into more classes with Computer Science and Chinese, I expect that I'll be making more friends in my major who I'll see a lot of the time.

Thanks so much to everyone who made my first year so much fun!

Happy Saturday,
Joy :)

So Long, Freshman Year!

Hello, friend! I just wrapped up my year of college and am getting ready to live in China in 19 days (if you wanna donate to my GoFundMe...