8.20.2017

Joy's Words #1!

Hello, friend!

I'm going to start a tag in my blog called "Joy's Words" because making new words is a fun hobby of mine, and this is a fantastic place where I can share them with the world!
Recently, I was on Twitter and decided that there simply wasn't an accurate word to describe the feeling I had when scrolling through endless amounts of hilarious and horrifying (at the same time) videos and picture/caption tweets.

The result was my created word: Hilorrifying.

Hilorrifying(hill-or-if-eyeing): When you feel like laughing but also know that you should be feeling shocked and/or slightly to extremely concerned.

Now on what occasion, may you ask, should it be appropriate to use this word? Here's one example:
This tweet is slightly concerning because you definitely don't want anyone to be hitting anyone with cars, but the actual meaning is all-too relatable as a student. I know a lot of us sometimes feel miserable at school, and/or already dead because of all the work we have to do.

Another example is Danielle here, otherwise known as the
 catch me outside cash me ousside cash me outside how bout dat danielle bregoli GIF
girl. While she was a meme for wayyy too long because of how she talked(if you didn't know). She also had(and still has?) a very very concerning background with illegal activities, and is really ... out of control, if you watch the whole video of her interview with Dr. Phil and her mom, you'll see that this is the perfect instance to use the word, "hilorrifying". 

 Or here's a real life example of when to use the word, "hilorrifying"- 
My Grandma just visited my family about a week ago, and she told me that instead of going to the theaters to watch, "Lord of the Rings," she and her other 70-year old friend saw the supernatural psychological horror film, "The Ring." I didn't know whether to laugh or be horrified that she had to experience that, but she told me that they stayed for the rest of the movie because when you pay $$ for a movie, you might as well watch it. I definitely agree with that mentality, but I don't think I would be able to sit and watch a horror movie without being extremely just plain horrified.....

Anyways, I hope that this made your day a little bit brighter as you learned a new word of mine.
Happy Sunday!
Joy :)

So Long, Freshman Year!

Hello, friend! I just wrapped up my year of college and am getting ready to live in China in 19 days (if you wanna donate to my GoFundMe...