8.16.2017

Hi, Me Again!

Hello, friend!

Whoops. It has been actually MORE than a month since my last blog post(there goes my goal of trying to post once every week)! I think that I have been lost on what to write about and that's why I haven't been writing anything at all. I've just been trying to live in the moment with everything that I've been doing this summer, whether its camp counseling, hanging out with my friends and family, or driving 13+ hours to Asheville, North Carolina for a campus conference(ICMC) with 1500 other campus disciples.

Here is a lil' recap of everything that I've been up to:

1. I saw the most beautiful sunrise through the trees while in Asheville, North Carolina. 
A pretty random group of us college students woke up at 5:50 in the morning to go hiking and see the sunrise over this lookout which was okaaaay, but not the WOW thing we were looking for. About 10 minutes after the sun had risen, we were walking back down the trail and saw the sun shining like the color of fire through the trees. It was breathtaking, and well worth the early wakeup!
Some of the group that went hiking. 
2. I discovered one of my favorite songs while at ICMC.
At one of the main sessions at the conference, there was a worship song called, "Hills and Valleys." It's about how God is with us through the highs and lows of life(our mountains and valleys), and how no matter what we look to God when we're in either situation. It has a great message and Tauren Wells is so passionate in this song that you'll want to jam out to it. You can listen to it here-

3. I've fallen more in love with Wisconsin!
My mom and I just visited the sunflowers in Verona(a little bit next to Madison) and it was BEAUTIFUL-I LOVE SUNFLOWERS. They're so bright and colorful and you just can't be sad around them.
We both look kind of blind because of the sun. Welp.
Then on Monday, my family and I went to Devil's Lake which is like a 45 minute drive from Madison, and it was also really pretty there. It was at first a little chilly, but after hiking for an hour or so we warmed up and the sun came out which was a total blessing! It was so great being surrounded by nature. Ah, summer. We brought Po with us too, and he had a good time. He napped for a very long time after our hike.
Po, or Simba.
I feel like this summer has been a summer with fantastic weather, lots of time getting to know Madison better and the people in it, and some great memories. School starts September 6th for me, and I'm looking forward to it but also getting a little nervous about being at such a big campus and the transition from high school to college! I'll keep the blog more updated now(hopefully) as the summer wraps up.

Thanks for reading!!
Joy :)

So Long, Freshman Year!

Hello, friend! I just wrapped up my year of college and am getting ready to live in China in 19 days (if you wanna donate to my GoFundMe...