1.27.2018

My Favorite Stationery

Hello, friend!

My notes from stats class!
I love stationery.  Having cute notebooks and good pens makes studying so much better for some reason! When I was in China, I went to a store called Muji, which is a Japanese "lifestyle" store that sells everything you could ever want in a house, from clothes to lots of storage, utensils, and even toothbrush holders. Oh, and stationery. They don't sell food, though. The whole store is extremely minimalistic! I bought four 0.38 mm pens from Muji(a normal pen is size 0.7 or 1.0),  and used them in my first semester of college, and they instantly became my favorites.

First off, the pens are so small that they make my handwriting look 10000x nicer. Second, they're actual pens and don't have felt tips(those can break easily). And third, the packaging is sleek and not too heavy.
 When I was in New York, I had to go to another Muji store. They only have stores in New York, California, and Massachusetts, but you can easily buy things online.  I bought these notebooks.  They only have 30 pages in them, which is actually perfect for taking notes in college because your classes are only a semester long. Plus, if you have smaller handwriting, this allows you to finish a notebook instead of continuing to use old notebooks that are only halfway full by the end of the semester.
Only $3.50 for a pack of 5!
Finally, I have my planner, Staedtler pens, and my new washii tape that I love! I got the washii tape recently from the Line Friends store, and it has a cute bunny print on it. Staedtler is a German brand that has created wonderful felt-tip pens, which I love to use for color-coordinating reasons. However, I will mostly reach for my Muji 0.38 pens if I am taking notes. My planner is from Anthropologie, and it took me two other planners to finally find one that worked for me! I first had a planner from Barnes and Noble, but it was wonky with the layout. Then I bought a huge academic planner from Amazon that was super cute and had so much space, but since it stopped after June, I continued to search for another planner. I found this one on sale from Anthropologie, and it's perfect. It has a monthly layout, tabs, an attached string of the bookmark, and isn't weirdly formatted!
I think some people might think- why do you care so much about your stationery? My answer is- well if I am using it everyday, I want to have stationery that I really like!

It's the little things that can add up to make a big difference in your life! Do you enjoy stationery? Have any suggestions of brands to try? Leave a comment! 

Have a great weekend! 
Joy :) 

So Long, Freshman Year!

Hello, friend! I just wrapped up my year of college and am getting ready to live in China in 19 days (if you wanna donate to my GoFundMe...