1.30.2016

HOPE!

Recently, I just found out that I am going to San Diego/Baja, Mexico for HOPE Youth Corps(HYC) July 31-August 1!

     "HOPE Youth Corps (HYC) was established in 1994 by HOPE worldwide and is a faith-based, service-learning program designed for high school and college students. Working with HOPE worldwideprograms in developing countries and within the United States, HYC participants serve lower-income communities through various outreach efforts and community maintenance programs."

I am so excited, the site that I'm traveling to works directly with Orphans at the Door of Faith Orphanage. My brother and I are both adopted, and I was adopted through HOPE For Children in 2000, so this is a dream come true to serve and give back to God and serve HOPE Worldwide when they have done so much for my family.

Some of you may know, last year I went to Guatemala to serve there on a HOPE Worldwide medical brigade. Since my brother is from Guatemala, it was a very special trip. Guatemala was beautiful, the weather perfect, and I made some new friends from the church in Guatemala and across the U.S. who were traveling with us! Oh, and if you want to see more pictures, I have them up on my Facebook page.
Beautiful place we had lunch at!
Some vitamins we sorted.
Facepaint and crafts!
It was amazing being able to hang out with the children and hand out vitamins, toothbrushes, and do crafts with them. I was so inspired that I knew I wanted to apply for a HYC site in 2016. As soon as I got home, I started working on a video, compiling all of the footage I had taken from our trip. I somehow put it off for a long time and never fully completed it. I just got around to finishing the video last night, and I want to share it with you guys(be sure to put it on 1080p HD!).
Have a great day!
Joy :)

So Long, Freshman Year!

Hello, friend! I just wrapped up my year of college and am getting ready to live in China in 19 days (if you wanna donate to my GoFundMe...