11.29.2015

I'm Thankful for...

There is so much to be thankful for! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it brings people together to be grateful for what God has given them.

I'm thankful for my family. Every year, we all take a drive to downtown Chicago and watch the Thanksgiving day parade. Normally, it's freezing cold and windy, but this year it was a toasty 55 degrees outside! I am always so grateful that my dad is willing to drive us down to the parade every year. This is one of my favorite holiday traditions!
This is where we were standing. 
Typical parade Christmas dancers.
Tweety-bird, so cute!
After the parade, we went to my aunt and uncle's house and talked with our relatives. We also watched a ton of football(seeing both the Lions, and the Bears win-WOOHOO!), and had a nice family dinner.  

On Friday, my family and I got to see some old friends from Chicago. It was so nice catching up with them, we all miss them so much! I am also thankful for some of my super special friends in Minnesota, and last but not least, my friends in Michigan. 
Traveling to Chicago was fun, but I am glad to be home in Ann Arbor!

I'm going to end this with a quote I saw in Chicago on a parking structure:
"Be the change you wish to see"
Have a great night! :)
Joy





















So Long, Freshman Year!

Hello, friend! I just wrapped up my year of college and am getting ready to live in China in 19 days (if you wanna donate to my GoFundMe...