11.19.2016

A Place To Start

Hello, friend!
I have been pretty busy with many events recently, that I haven't had time to sit down and work on a blog post in a while. Also, I think I was sort of stumped on what to write about. I want to try writing more thoughtful blog posts instead of here's this and that, which obviously is hard to avoid. We'll see how this transition works out!
Breakfast at Mickey's Diner Today
I would like to get it out of the way and announce that I have finished applying to seven colleges. I see this as a big step towards adulthood, and am anxiously waiting for (acceptance?) letters to come in. Now, I'm onto the search for scholarships!

By now, it's obvious that the Cubs won the World Series! WOOT WOOT!! For those of you who don't know me as well, I originally lived and grew up in Chicago and then moved to Ann Arbor in 8th grade, so I still see myself as connected to Chicago, especially now that I live closer to it in Wisconsin. I remember going to a Cubs game for a field trip in 5th grade in Mrs. Reynold's class and sitting with my two best friends, and my dad chaperoned. Those were the days. I just wish that I could have been in Chicago for the parade. We're SO close to Chicago and I hope that we can visit the city more often. 

Speaking of sports, three weekends ago, my family and I bought Wisconsin clothes. Last weekend we went to a game! It was a lot of fun, especially since we were winning. Sports can really bring a city together. It seemed like Ann Arbor revolved around UoM and the football team, and here in Madison, everyone is wearing red wherever you go!

The Entrance!



A beautiful sunset over the stadium! And the moon came out.


Here's a quick update on our puppy, Po-

Yes, he has a sweater!

When a puppy wakes up at five am, he thinks that it's play time from then on. My family and I have all had a lack of sleep due to our puppy, Po, but starting last week, he has been waking up at 7 am and patiently waiting to go outside! He's getting trained slowly, and knows how to do commands like sit, down, stay(sort of), and we're teaching him shake at the moment. I recently brought him up into my bedroom and he was so cute on my bed.


Overall, life has been good. I went downtown yesterday with my friend Chiara who is an exchange student from Italy. We ate pizza with noodles on it! It was actually delicious. I highly recommend it, 10/10. Then we went to a couple of stores; one was called, "Soap Opera!" When you walked in, there were rubber ducks EVERYWHERE, and it had all kinds of soap and bath products. It was amazing! 

I'm going to leave you with a quote of the day-

Image result for I am not afraid of storms

We are constantly learning from our mistakes and how we can improve for the next situation. Don't let the fear of failure hold you back from doing something you love!

Have a great day!
Joy :)


So Long, Freshman Year!

Hello, friend! I just wrapped up my year of college and am getting ready to live in China in 19 days (if you wanna donate to my GoFundMe...