5.01.2016

Little Things

Hello friend,
I hope that you had a good weekend!
Here is a list of little things that you can do throughout your day that make a big difference:

make your bed in the morning
start your day off right! and then maybe take a couple minutes to stretch


drink infused water 
add some fruit or veggies into your drink! it's great for clearing up your skin, and so much healthier for the body than soda or juice. here is a picture of some fun recipes to try.


listen to happy tunes
songs with positive messages, or even instrumentals from movies that you love. one of my all-time favorites is, "Dawn," from Pride and Prejudice. you can listen and read the rest of my blog :)


go for walks
exercise = vital. i'm trying to get back into running, and walks are great too! especially since it's getting warmer outside. bring a hammock ;)

unplug
be present. limit your time on social media.
I saw this on tumblr and it made me laugh!
 follow people/things on social media that encourage you, not discourage you
this can help you be more positive. so many times we get grumpy after scrolling through snapchat stories, our facebook feed, and our instagram. unfollow negative influences.
"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called "Today," so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness." Hebrews 3:13

eat fresh fruit
go to a farmer's market! my family is subscribed to a fruit of the month club and we just got two pineapples in the mail; they are delicious.
my family and I stopped at a peach place in Dexter last summer
hold the door open for others
just bein' polite :)

make eye contact with others and smile at them
let others know you care about them and what they have to say

call up a friend
talk to someone(even if it's only for 10 minutes) who you normally don't see.

I'm trying to work on these things, and I just wanted to share them with you. Hopefully you found something new that you want to try and incorporate into your daily routine. :) Oh and if you have any little things that you do that you would like to share, feel free to leave a comment. Have a great week!!

Joy :) 

ps. text "follow @simplyjoy_ful" to 40404 to get text notifications about my blog every time i post!

So Long, Freshman Year!

Hello, friend! I just wrapped up my year of college and am getting ready to live in China in 19 days (if you wanna donate to my GoFundMe...